If you’re trying to lose weight, every meal counts. But that doesn’t mean that dinner has to be a skimpy salad. You can build a filling, diet-friendly dinner around these four slimming ingredients.
For example, grilled chicken and vegetables make a healthy and satisfying main course. If you’re looking for something a little sweeter, try baking apples with cinnamon instead of dessert. With these four simple recipes, you can enjoy a delicious and nutritious dinner without packing on the pounds.
So the next time you’re looking for something tasty (and diet-friendly) to eat at night, give one of these recipes a try. You’ll be glad you did!
Grilled Chicken and Vegetables
1 grilled chicken breast
1 cup steamed broccoli florets
1 pound sliced mushrooms
-2 tablespoons of olive oil
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
1. Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
2. Skewer the chicken breast and vegetables onto skewers. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill for 10–12 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, flipping once.
4. Serve right away.
Baked Apples with Cinnamon
-2 small cored and thinly sliced apples
1 teaspoon brown sugar
-1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/4 cup raisins
-1 tbsp. chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, and raisins. 3.
Place apple slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
4. Garnish with raisin mixture and pecans.
5. Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until the apples are soft and the topping is golden brown.
6. Serve right away.
Salmon and asparagus grilled with a lemon yogurt sauce
-1 1/2 pounds of fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces.
1/2 salmon fillet, about 6 ounces
-2 tablespoons of olive oil
season with salt and pepper to taste
– 1/4 cup plain yogurt
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1 small garlic clove, minced
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
2. In a bowl, toss asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Grill the asparagus for 4-5 minutes, flipping once, or until tender.
4. Place the salmon on the grill and cook for 5–6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
5. In a small mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic clove, salt, and pepper.
6. Toss asparagus and salmon with yogurt sauce and serve.
So the next time you’re looking for something tasty (and diet-friendly) to eat at night, give one of these recipes a try. You’ll be glad you did.
Each of these four recipes is healthy, delicious, and diet-friendly. So the next time you’re looking for something to eat at night, give one of these recipes a try. You’ll be glad you did! lose weight, eat to lose weight, diet to lose weight, what to eat for dinner at night to lose weight, healthy dinner ideas for weight loss, simple dinner recipes for weight loss, easy dinner recipes for weight loss